What Are Cookies?
Cookies are a small text file that sites send to the browser and that is stored on the user’s terminal or device. They can be used for several purposes, such as storing your browsing preferences, gathering statistical information, enabling certain technical features and so on. Cookies are sometimes used to store basic information on the user’s browsing habits or on the user’s equipment.
What Is their Purpose?
Cookies serve different purposes depending on the type. From a technical standpoint, cookies allow websites to load quickly and adapt to your preferences, such as by storing your language or currency. They also help web masters improve the services they offer by gathering statistical information. Finally, they make the advertising shown more efficient, thanks to which we can offer our services for free.
Browsing this website assumes that the following types of cookies can be installed with your express consent:
Types of Cookies:
- Cookies that are strictly required to provide certain services requested expressly by the user and that may be used for proper browsing or to ensure that the contents of a webpage are loaded efficiently. If deactivated, the user will not be able to receive the services and contents properly.
- Our own cookies, those sent to the user’s terminal equipment from equipment or a domain that is managed by the editor and that provides the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies, those sent to the user’s terminal from equipment or a domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained from the cookies.
- Analytical cookies, used to track and gather statistical activity data for the purpose of providing users with the best service.
- Advertising cookies, used to manage the advertising spaces based on criteria such as the frequency to which the advertisements are shown.
- Session cookies, designed to gather and store data during the user’s visit to a website.
How Can I Set my Preferences?
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring your Internet browser settings. If you block cookies, certain services that rely on them may not be available to you. Below we list some links where you can find information on how to configure preferences in the leading browsers:
- Google Chrome.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Mozilla Firefox